Martha Thinks

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cut and Paste

Remember making "collages" as a teenager? Getting a big piece of construction paper and cutting out all the magazines making something that perfectly described you? Over the years I find I still do that. I also started to find it wasteful not to use these pretty images in the magazines. Not subscribing to them...well I can't go that far yet. Recycle? Yes. Cancel subscription? No.


So for this labor-intensive exercise I thought I'd make some individualized Valentine's for friends. It was great fun and very relaxing in the way that knitting or painting can be. It just relaxes my brain. It also takes hours. Trade off.

To any of my friends reading this who did not yet receive a Valentine from me, it is not because you were not on my awesome-rockin-can't-live-without-'em friends' list, it is not because I chose one over the other...but simply I ran out of steam and needed my kitchen island back! You are on the top of the list for next year : ) Promise.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment