Martha Thinks

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Go Forth Young Man

We made it through finals, graduation, prom and all that pomp and circumstance. He won both the Math Award and Band Award, prouda you, kid! Then the high school graduate headed off to his chosen school for course selection for a couple of days. For the first time he flew alone, navigated a transfer, found the Amtrak station, found the college bus and stayed alone in a hotel. I guess he's not a little boy anymore.

(actually I can still remember the absolute thrill two girlfriends and I had at 18 years old going to DisneyWorld for a week after high school - however when I think of where we stayed - right next to the Baskin-Robbins, not so great!)

So he leaves the Red&Black high school colors behind and jumps right in to Orange&Navy his new college colors. What a mom to do if Orange isn't her color? I will have to figure something out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment