Martha Thinks

Monday, April 12, 2010

some cooking, some planning, some seating...

I got a nice deal on outdoor seating on "craigslist" this girl's favorite bargain shopping site. Thanks to my brother, Andy, who happened to be available with a friend's truck to help me haul...
looks good on the deck, right?
thinking it's time for a doggie fence for our lab. The driveway to the right is "not" ours, so we are a stone's throw from the neighbors. Tight spot. It will be nice to let him sniff around in the yard and not worry. Very, very nice.

and not to brag on myself (well, ok, totally bragging that my kids' prefer mine over the local pizzeria), but I have finally mastered the art of the homemade pizza. It's all about the stone!!! The crust will never crisp properly on a cookie sheet and the stone has to be put in a 450 degree oven for at least 20 minutes to get all hot and bothered. Put down a little corn meal, roll out the dough, get some good sauce, some mozzarella and cheddar cheese, veggie or a little pepperoni and off you go!
Also...cook it a little longer than you think you have to. Wait until the top of the pizza is a little brown. Just be careful because word will get out and you'll be in the kitchen all night. Not that I'm complaining...I cook for compliments.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment