Martha Thinks

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

frosty days

I know, the blog has been mighty quiet, my friends. I am frozen, that's why. Brain is frozen, ideas frozen, joie de vivre frozen, creativity frozen in a solid block of ice. We have had such a long, cold stretch. When the sun is shining mid-day, and the harsh wind isn't blowing, I would say I am relatively comfortable in my Lands' End down jacket walking the dog for a half hour or so.
But when it gets to the 4 o'clock hour and the sun gets low in the sky and the nighttime comes and it is so cold that if you don't wear down (wool will not do!) you just shake....brrrr....it's just getting to be too much for me. Sunday night I went to the movies and saw "No Strings Attached" with cutie pie Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. The movie was cute enough, but it was set in California and it was GREEN and there were FLOWERS and people were wearing T-SHIRTS! It was a two hour visual vacation.
But having to make do where I live in the frosty-freeze Northeast, I will say that behind a local elementary school, there is one heck of a sled run and the colder it gets, the faster you go. It makes for a good way to spend Sunday mornings. I have learned to be pretty happy drinking my big cup of Dunkin's and eating cold donuts...

while I watch my sons pummel each other with snowballs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment