Martha Thinks

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard Breakfast

The past snowstorms this winter have all fallen flat. The local forecasters kind of got them all wrong. So for this storm the drum beat started on Tuesday bum..bum..drum..bum..and by Wednesday, full on anxiety was in place. Fights in grocery stores (not me) and lines at gas stations (again, not me). Perhaps I am getting a lot more organized in my old age because I didn't go into a full on frenzy of needing anything special.

But get it right this time they did.  An official Blizzard.  24 inches or so outside my door (I guess if I went out I could measure) but in order to avoid going out in this...

I stayed in my flannel pj's and made crepes for the shovelers.

It's a pancake recipe from my cooking school days and is a lot more watery than a typical batter.
However, when I made them the kids liked how they spread out in the pan and were a bit thinner than a regular pancake, hence a crepe!

I bought a "foamer" over the holidays but just recently took it out of the box.  Hello!  Love!  Can't live without!  I feel a commercial coming on..."I feel like I am making gourmet coffee at home every morning".  And I really do. 

The yummy crepes.  And no one even asked what time I was headed out to shovel.  Worked like a charm.
So I'm having another cup of coffee (with foamy fat free half&half) and watching Legally Blonde still in my pj's at 12:42 pm when normally I'd be halfway through my shift at work.  Happy girl.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment