Martha Thinks

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Royalty Owed!


Well, I guess my memory isn't full of cobwebs yet. I just pulled this ad out of my new September 2009 issue of House Beautiful. And I thought "that's the exact same picture that Donna took of me!!!" And while I live with 91 magazines (Carter counted) and the endless selection of Pottery Barn pillows, paper work and lots of CD's that are always on one counter or another and in no particular order...I can indeed pull a rabbit out of my hat in a moments notice. And so I went to the 2nd drawer of the marble-topped chest of drawers and voila found the stored away photos.

Donna took this picture of me on Revere Beach in 1987 and had it enlarged and gave it to me on my birthday. I was 27 that year. Sorry, but I look FABULOUS. Right? Those Ray Ban's. Wow. Everyone should have such a picture. Thank you Donna! Ok, so back to this
uncanny resemblance. At the bottom of the ad it says:

"NESCAFE and TASTER'S CHOICE are registered trademarks of Societe des Produits Nestle S.A. Vevey, Switzerland."

Donna, I'd say you have a royalty coming your way.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martha -- I have always loved that photo of you - I actually like your's better than the ad! We were just a few years ahead of the times! Great blog - sorry I haven't "tuned in" recently, been busy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete