Martha Thinks

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Birthday Brunch

On this chilly Sunday morning the whole family came together to celebrate my mother's birthday. Brunch, it turns out, is not only a relatively economical way to throw a party for 20 people, but it also falls at a pretty convenient time of the day. So those who needed to study, play lacrosse, go to their Lego meet or walk the dog ~ could still fit it all in after birthday waffles and fruit salad.


Over the years I have always tried to get a group family shot at gatherings. This one is funny because the only one who is paying attention to me standing on a folding chair in front of them to get a good angle is my own son, Ronan. That's funny.


My mother found some of my photo albums that have been in her basement for 30 years! A little moldy - but they still held enough treasures of forgotten moments, funny clothing and old prom photos for us all to enjoy.

The easiest birthday cake I never had to make. This is a 3-tiered GIGANTIC coffee roll birthday cake (well, I put it together, stack, stack, stack) from Kane's Donuts in Saugus. Plug, plug. They are awesome. Have you been? It'll just make you happy when you go. Happy Birthday Grandbabs!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment