Martha Thinks

Friday, September 10, 2010

Snack Time

Oh, the forbidden Oreos are gone. The Vienna Fingers and Strawberry Newtons, too. We have been put on notice in this house. It's too much high fructose corn syrup and it's all adding up. So I have found quite delightful alternatives and thought I would share them.

The little chocolate squares are manufactured by Loacker and come right from Italy! They are crispy wafers and come in many different flavors such as hazelnut, vanilla, orange, etc. They offer no artificial flavors or colorants and no preservatives.

The Mi-Del Vanilla Snaps are made with organic unbleached wheat flour, organic dehydrated cane juice and contain just 6 ingredients all together. It was a little hard getting the hard core sugar out of my system (can't lie about that...). But now that I am getting a little more centered, these are a lovely alternative to the high sugar cookies. While once I may have looked on them as the poorer little sister, they now hold a place of honor in my drawer and are a great accompaniment with my other trade...green tea with lemon ; ) (thanks, Kate)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment