Martha Thinks

Friday, January 21, 2011

Yo, Second Snow Day

Two snow days in two weeks? Wow. The kids will be in school until the 4th of July at this rate. Of course, the high school senior is being oh-so-smug that he gets out of school in May and won't need to make up any days this year. The brothers didn't appreciate that. This is dad, umm, yes in shorts and boots and exposed leg taking the dog out to play this morning. Can't explain the attire, ever.
Ronan asked for this. "Bury me in snow...please!" I was inside and missed all of it, but I guess it looks like he's having fun.
This is what I was doing. I wanted to re-create those chocolate dipped/mini m&m pretzels they sell at the candy stores for big bucks. It worked pretty well, but next time I think the pretzels should be bigger. These were the "thins" and they didn't hold the candy terribly well. However, they taste great!
Then I made apple and pear crisp. I have made it so many times that I could do it in my sleep. Always a hit, another A+ recipe from
the Barefoot Contessa. Can you tell I was hiding inside today? Kept thinking about going out, but then the wind would blow and I just kept cooking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment