Martha Thinks

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sugar Flowers


If it's Tuesday, it must be crafty/self-improvement/creative classes for me.  For some reason it just ended up that three Tuesdays in a row I am taking classes.

Last night I returned to a wonderful cake shop oakleafcakes.com to take a class in "Sugar Flowers".  I have taken classes on two other occasions and the classes are small and the instructors are warm and friendly.  Perfect for me!

What excited me most about this class was seeing the samples of sugar flowers...and being amazed by them...and then step by step being taught the process of mixing gumpaste and fondant together, rolling out the
dough, using cookie cutters to get the right shape, then manipulating the petals by stamping or ruffling them before "glueing" them together. 

Finally we took a brush and painted on "petal dust" to enhance and give depth to the flowers.  No matter what your interest, taking an night away to explore it is a good thing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment