Martha Thinks

Monday, August 22, 2011

Beautiful Beantown

When I was their age, I would have been thrilled to be on a boat. Any boat. I still remember taking my first flight at age 18 to DisneyWorld and taking the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom. Walt Disney had me at that ferry ride over the Seven Seas Lagoon. It played all of that happy music and there in the distance was the Cinderella castle. That never gets old for me. But I digress...

They were kinda of impressed. But they noticed the snack bar right away and kept trying to go back downstairs. Priorities, I guess.

I can't say enough about how pretty a day it was today. It was a little windy - as in the boys' pizzas practically blew off of the outdoor dining table, but humidity was practically zero and after the summer we've had, I really appreciated that! Boston has worked so hard to have a beautiful waterfront and it has achieved that and more. When you see it from the water, with all the pleasure boats, sailboats, water taxis and whale watches, it is so vibrant and alive.

One of the specialty boat rides is called "Codzilla" and is a 40 minute high speed boat ride that will get you soaking wet! Carter had not planned to ride on it, but when we got off the water taxi it was 5 minutes from departure and he really wanted to do it. He ended up meeting us in the Aquarium and his shirt was so wet I had to buy him another one from the gift shop.

Wherever we were today, the timing worked out perfectly. Just one of those days, I guess. The water taxis were always there, I was so impressed by the Aquarium I bought a membership and so I didn't have to wait in line at all. I got discounts in the cafe and gift shop. I was a pretty happy gal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment