Martha Thinks

Monday, August 22, 2011

A Day at the Aquarium

Perhaps it has been two years or longer since I have been to the New England Aquarium. This is the last week and a half before school starts and as is my tradition, I crank out all sorts of fun stuff that we never got around to. Ha ha, you could call it forced-fun, but hey, while the weather is good, why not? So there will be an outing a day.

Today, Carter, Ronan and his friend Matthew headed out to the Aquarium. I highly recommend driving to the Charlestown Navy Yard, parking in the lot and taking the water taxi that drops you right at the front door of the Aquarium. At $1.70 a boat ride, it is a BEAUTIFUL way to see the Boston Waterfront. Here the boys are at a new "Sharks and Rays" hands on exhibit where you can pet them in a shallow tank. Everyone is supposed to use "indoor" voices, but as you can imagine on a fully packed summer afternoon, it was not that quiet!

I love how dark it is in there. And blue. Love that.

Penguins waiting to be fed, not so patiently, making all sorts of noise. Reminds me of a couple of kids I was with today...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment