Martha Thinks

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

How YOU Doin' ?


It's underway, isn't it?  The tsunami of Christmas.  I think it's good that even if you are not in the mood right away there is enough energy generated by stores, commercials, the annual high school band holiday concert to carry you along until you click in.  And I'll just say it...I am deeply comforted by the Hallmark Channel.  I don't care that you can tell that "New York" is really Toronto or that the snow is sometimes on top of late summer green bushes rather than the more stick-like bushes of New England in December.  Or that there are only a couple of stories...widowers who swear off Christmas until they find that special one, or modern day versions of Scrooge where people find the true worth of their life.  I love them all.  

So on this chilly day I am stretching and preparing and getting my baking rhythm going.  Before jumping in to the Better Homes and Gardens "Cookies for Christmas" annual favorites like Amaretto Apricot Chews, Scandanavian Almond Bars or the most requested Cappuccino Flats....I started off with the simple chocolate chip.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  A little basic, but gotta get in the grove.  

The gifting bags are starting to pile up, giving me a sense of security that I'll be pretty much done with shopping early this year.  And I wish the same for you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment