Martha Thinks

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Irony of Life


Not lost on me...while we are washing sheets and woodwork getting ready for the Thankgiving arrival of the college princes, Brady and Carter, to come home after 4 months...we are realizing that some things must go. 

The bookcase, painted for Ronan's nursery 11 years ago, in a baby yellow is no longer needed for space or color.  But turning it around bang! zap! like an arrow to the heart! an inscription from Ronan's brothers then 6 and 7 years old to their not-yet-born brother.  These are the trials of life!  Forget mortgages and heating bills.  This is the stuff that when it's time to get rid of...feels like you are ripping your heart out.  Right now my brother is taking it to put his tools in.  Gives me a little comfort to know it's staying in the family. 

and what about the Garnet Hill dinosaur sheets that seemed wildly overpriced?  What about them is they are the finest sheets I've ever owned and have been on beds for 10 years.  What am I supposed to do with them?  I am whining, I know.  It's one of the things about motherhood that isn't so great.  It's one of the things about therapy that is ; )   Teaching you how to let go.  Whoosh it is the hardest concept I have ever had to learn.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment