Martha Thinks

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Good Friends Feed The Soul

Time for my annual Girlfriend's Christmas Party and Yankee Swap. Oh my gosh do we laugh. Pointsettia Cocktails and great munchies. Pumpkin cheesecake and all things dipped in chocolate...strawberries, pretzels, potato chips, fabulous! This year the Class of '78 turns 50 and we are going to Las Vegas. You don't know what a brave thing that is for me to do...but it's far too irresistible for me to ever say no.
I offered up a handpainted sign for my swap gift and it was well liked. I heard talk of stealing! and theft! and envy! By the time the night was over I had so many compliments on my signs that I went upstairs to retrieve my inventory and several signs left for Christmas presents. Again, that feeding the soul thing.
My Reading neighbors, Kathy and Cindy. Make new friends but keep the old, new are silver, old are gold.
We met in kindergarten. Now those kids are 17 (dang it all) and we are still helping each other through the crazy roller-coaster ride of raising kids. I've learned a lot from these ladies! Merry Christmas to all my friends. If you are in it, it will be a good year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment