Martha Thinks

Friday, February 5, 2010

way to go, sister

The first time I had my cholesterol checked I was 28 years old and it was 250. I weighed 135 and thought it was because I had a Cinnabon for lunch. I was so sure it was the Cinnabon, I never thought about it again. Over the years I had gained a TON of weight and now I try to overcome the damage done by finding refuge in boxes of Funny Bones when the kids were driving me mad.

2 years ago I felt like crap. Alarm bells all over. By this time my cholesterol was 340 and my doctor said I was a "ticking time bomb." Soothing words, indeed. So I straighted up took my Lipitor and started to fly right. And I'm so excited, so excited, so excited to say that last week after my yearly check up, my cholesterol is down to 196, and all of the "good" and "bad" numbers along with them are not even borderline, but in the "very good" places.

Yeah me. And pots of oatmeal. So I guess it does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment