Martha Thinks

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Favorite Idol

Although I can't say this year's group of American Idol contestants are the most exciting I have seen, if it takes a few sessions to find someone like Carrie Underwood, I'm happy to weather the rocky seasons. Considering her immediate success and her connection with her audience, I often wonder how it was that she was ever an unknown.



I picked up "Temporary Home" in the middle of the song the other day driving around doing errands. She is amazing, her voice, clarity, light, truth, connection, gulp, where's my tissue box? Carrie, Jesus has indeed taken your wheel...

"This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This was just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was my temporary home."

Carrie Underwood
Luke Laird
Zac Maloy

No comments:

Post a Comment