Martha Thinks

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday in the Park with...


"We haven't crossed the swan boats off of our summer list yet", I announced this morning. So around noon off we went to check out the Boston Public Gardens. $2.75 for adults, $1.75 for kids, it is the best bargain in this wonderful city.

We came across a performance artist who was still as a statue until someone put a dollar in her jar, then she blew them kisses.

These girls were just getting up from a picnic on the lawn. Green hair, Hello Kitty handbag, adorable dress. I want it all. This is what I think I really look like, well in my mind's eye anyway. My 50th birthday is coming up. Hmm...at THIS point I think I have permission to do whatever the heck I want so perhaps there will be a funky hair color or flouncy dress in store...

We ate lunch at the Lily Pond Cafe right across from the Frog Pond. Well done, Boston. I haven't been to this area in a while and it is perfect in every way. The pond offers children a wonderful spray fountain to run around under. There are restrooms and places to change out of swimmies. The food is affordable and the little tables and planters are so very Paris. If the goal was to have a respite in the middle of the city, mission accomplished. I felt like I was going to trip right over Gisele and baby Benjamin.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment