Martha Thinks

Monday, July 1, 2013

Ribbons of Color


When I was a teenager I felt a pull towards color but could never nail it down.  I didn't pick up a pencil or paint and doodle.  I liked cross-stitch and needle work and I remember that I would buy ribbons...a yard in each color.  Yards and yards of multi-colored ribbon and put in clear jars.  Knock, knock, knock.  Life calling.  It took a painting class when I was 24 years old to finally put the key in the lock of my creative world.

And I am happy to say that I have not looked back.  Painter, baker, candlestick maker (not really the last one) but all I find incredibly satisfying and I am lucky enough to say I have made some money doing what I love in the process.



Just got these professional-grade liquid food colors in the mail.  Spectrum brand from Ateco.  Happy ribbons of color.
http://www.amazon.com/Ateco-1112-12-Color-Food-Coloring/dp/B00004S1C6




No comments:

Post a Comment